WHAT is an ITALIAN WINE TOUR ?
We blend sightseeing, art and history, walking if you wish, relax and shopping. Great food, the finest wines, and meeting the more creative winemakers is our specialty (*).
Because there are few countries where growing grapes, and making wine, have been linked so tighly with work, history, even religion, and everyday's life, as in Italy, wine os for us but a key to label our tours, an excuse if you wish, to travel in Italy with a richer perspective.
Get an in-depth Italian experience with our dedicated, expert guides, of course speaking your language. Taste the best of the Italian lifestyle.
(*) How many tastings? Is a frequent question. "Wine tour" has nothing to do with a drinking, or a drunk tour. We suggest 2, no more than 3 wine tastings per day. You can, of course, get more, or even not to drink at all, and yet enjoy everythingelse.
WHERE in ITALY?
The best selling destinations are TUSCANY, PIEDMONT, VENETO, FRIULI, SüDTYROL, PUGLIA, SICILY. Here we propose both classic journeys, as backroads tours:
• CLASSIC JOURNEYS. Visit famous wine district, and cities. Best sellers, ideal when you come here for the first time.
• BACKROADS TOURS. Connaisseurs, repeat guests, slow travellers like to explore new places, less famous and crowded, often more genuine. In addition, we keep more tours in our drawers, that we offer on request: calabria, sardinia, basilicata, EMILIA. Off the beaten path, a bit less touristic, these regions reveal the more traditional aspects of Italy.
PRIVATE or OPEN GROUP?
Travelling with Italianwinetours, you can choose three ways:
• PRIVATE TOURS. With customized schedule, itinerary, and rate.
• OPEN GROUP TOURS. Fixed dates, affordable and average rates.
• ACTIVE WALKING TOURS. Slow and/or energetic travellers don't rush, and like to feel the land under their feet. Walking across vineyards and woods, combined with food and wine, is the top experience!
• DRIVER-GUIDE SERVICE. Licensed driver and guide, travel in minivan, car, or limousine.
Rates examples based on 8 days tour, and groups of 4-6 people for private tours, 8 people for open group tours. We are happy to give you a customized quote, if you let us know the accommodations you like, the group size, and the travel dates.
• PRIVATE TOURS Classic Wine Tours, Walking Tours
Average cost € 300-350/day/person. Varying with the season, and group size. Lodging in 4, and 3 stars hotels.
• PRIVATE TOURS Group or Family Tours
Average cost € 200-250/day/person. Lodgings 3 and 2 stars hotels.
• PRIVATE TOURS Luxury VIP
Starting from € 450/person/day. Relais & Chateaux, comparable accommodation, 4-5 stars hotels de charme, historical mansions. Tailor made rates, contact us for details.
• PRIVATE TOURS Driver-guide service
Rates based on mileage and group size.
For a quote, please just let us know where you lodge and how many people will travel.
• OPEN SEASONAL TOURS
We propose one - or more - open, joinable tours every mont. They have fixed departure dates, sometimes picked to join festivals, celebrations, or other unique events.
Affordable tours, € 250/day/person based on 8 days tour, and 8 people minimum. Lodgings 3 stars hotels and welcoming country resorts (agriturismo).
Classic tours, € 300/day/person based on 8 days tour, and 8 people minimum. Lodgings 3 stars hotels, villas, and country resorts (agriturismo).